Why become a member? ×

Driver dust cover dint

Bloc Riff Nut

Hello,

I recently managed to suck a dent/dint/crease out of my Markbass CMD 102P. It was in the middle of the central dome-shaped thingy. I think it's called the Dust Cover. My Question is - Can this occur as a result of pushing the driver/speaker too hard? I can't see how it otherwise can occur. The protective grill has never been off and the combo sleeps in a thick leather case.

Christmas greetings,

Phil.

[quote name='philipleonard' post='692272' date='Dec 23 2009, 12:46 PM']Hello,

I recently managed to suck a dent/dint/crease out of my Markbass CMD 102P. It was in the middle of the central dome-shaped thingy. I think it's called the Dust Cover. My Question is - Can this occur as a result of pushing the driver/speaker too hard? I can't see how it otherwise can occur. The protective grill has never been off and the combo sleeps in a thick leather case.

Christmas greetings,

Phil.[/quote]

Sounds like somebody has been prodding it...

[quote name='steve-soar' post='692855' date='Dec 24 2009, 12:19 PM']Do you have children with pencils? :)[/quote]

No I don't have children.
Our practice room - and the storage space where my amp is kept - is shared by 5 bands. There have never been any problems before, this may be a coincidence but 2 weeks ago a new band joined.

Is the only way you can dent/dint a dust cover by physically touching it; i.e. with a pencil , finger etc. If so I'll be taking it home with me in the future.

Christmas Greetings,

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...