Why become a member? ×

ashdowns neo cabs

bassmansky

i gigged last nite for the first time using my new classic neo 2x10 cab with an abm 1x15 c hooked up as well,with my abm 500w powering them.the difference in the 2x10 is unbelieveable from what ive been used to.clearer,louder and brighter.when we were soundchecking the doors were rattling and things bouncing off shelves.however i did not realise that the eq takes so much volume away when its in.i can now get a sound i want without using the eq so now have more power.my cheap vintage p-bass is also louder than my not quite so cheap classic vibe 60's p-bass,so happy days :)

Sweet. I have the a growing urge to move to something like that cabwise. So do you feel you are getting more balls from the new set up over your old (was that the 4x10?).

Tell me a bit more about the non eq option you are going with? what do you have stuff set to? Might have a go at something similar and see :)

[quote name='Marky L' post='682792' date='Dec 13 2009, 09:08 AM']Sweet. I have the a growing urge to move to something like that cabwise. So do you feel you are getting more balls from the new set up over your old (was that the 4x10?).

Tell me a bit more about the non eq option you are going with? what do you have stuff set to? Might have a go at something similar and see :)[/quote]
with the eq off you can wind the pre-amp up more(you probably know that already)this gives a better sound imo.i had the valve drive on about 10 o'clock,didnt bother with the sub harmonics and tried the flat shape in then out to decide which sound i wanted.i know of a few people who dont bother with the eq,dont now why i have not tried it until now.Also i rolled the tone off a bit on my vintage bass.i must say again that with the vintage bass i had a more growly sound than my cv 60's p-bass which gives you more of a old school sound,still nice though.The abm compact 1x15 i was using is a uk made one about 4 yrs old.these are imo better than the new ones although the only difference i know of is that they are only 335mm deep not 420mm like newer ones.The classic neo 2x10 is the same depth(not as stated on ashdowns website!)as my compact so fits nicely on top.My abm 4x10 is now redundant and up for sale.If you can i would try a classic cab as they are not so exspensive now at some online stores and so much better!

+1 for the Ashdown neo cabs.

I use an ABM 210 that was upgraded by Ashdown with neo drivers.
It may not have enough 'bottom' for some people (including myself), but when paired with another cab (I use an Aggie GS112).... superb.

It can handle pretty much any style of music and never rattles, breaks up or farts.
I can hear myself clearly and it cuts through the mix like a knife!

p.s. I am looking for a matching ABM115 compact.... (See my ad in the wanted section).

Edited by Mr.T

[quote name='bassmansky' post='684237' date='Dec 14 2009, 05:44 PM']i wish ashdown would make a compact neo 1x15,you have the choice of a mini 15 or the full size one at the moment.i suppose they would make one to order or stick a 15" driver in a 2x10 cab and adjust the port accordingly.[/quote]

They do...

[url="http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/ashdown-classic-neo-115-compact-cab-1010-p.asp"]http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/ashdown...-cab-1010-p.asp[/url]

Good price too.

[quote name='phatbass787' post='685921' date='Dec 15 2009, 11:51 PM']They do...

[url="http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/ashdown-classic-neo-115-compact-cab-1010-p.asp"]http://shop.absolute-guitars.co.uk/ashdown...-cab-1010-p.asp[/url]

Good price too.[/quote]

Oh! Nice touch, cheers for that.

It'a always good to see retail outlets with more up to date info than the actual manufacturers site!

[quote name='Marky L' post='686113' date='Dec 16 2009, 10:12 AM']Oh! Nice touch, cheers for that.

It'a always good to see retail outlets with more up to date info than the actual manufacturers site![/quote]
That is on their website as a mini 15,its 14cm less in width than a 2x10 neo.what i meant was a compact neo 1x15 cab exactly the same width and depth as a 2x10 neo.that ones ok if you put it on top,but imo a 15 should be on the bottom.the mini 15 is made to go with the mini 4x8.Actually ive seen that cab advertised £100 cheaper :)