Why become a member? ×

A Tad Ambitious I Think

martfitz

Actually looks like a really nice instrument, but probably overpriced by about £500 IMO! I tried one of these about 16 years ago and loved it but wasn't in a position to buy. If only someone had one to sell at a good price... :) Sounds like the guy selling it doesn't know much about basses.

One of the many overpriced guitars that click by unsold on ebay every week.

First inclination is to pour scorn, but then you think about it from the sellers point of view. The majority of them probably don't want to sell, but need the money. Then they think of how much they paid for it originally and think of a figure they would have liked to pay for it.. unable to comprehend just how much of a buyers market it is out there these days...

...but I think this one might just be trying his hand.

[quote name='Shambo' post='680044' date='Dec 10 2009, 12:10 PM']One of the many overpriced guitars that click by unsold on ebay every week.

First inclination is to pour scorn, but then you think about it from the sellers point of view. The majority of them probably don't want to sell, but need the money. Then they think of how much they paid for it originally and think of a figure they would have liked to pay for it.. unable to comprehend just how much of a buyers market it is out there these days...

...but I think this one might just be trying his hand.[/quote]

Yeah, I'd agree with that, although another possibility is that these Washburn licensed basses tend to create a bit of confusion. The seller does the obligatory 37 seconds of internet research, and discovers that Status basses often fetch over £1000. Great, he thinks - this is a Status, but to move it quick, I'll price it just under that value. A slightly more cynical slant on that argument is that the seller actually knows the true value, but is hoping that he might find a buyer who doesn't.