Why become a member? ×

Senheiser EW172 Wireless system

I bought one of these about 2 years ago. It's pressed into service each gig and I've always found it good and reliable, no drop outs, good battery life, in fact everything you might expect of a wireless setup. Can't say I notice any particular tone difference between this and cable connection.... And most importantly it saves that embarrassing moment as you get your feet tangled in your lead.

Good luck with the sale... It'll be a great purchase for someone.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='fretmeister' post='709840' date='Jan 12 2010, 11:47 AM']Will it still be legal after the Spectrum Freq sell off by the govt?

My existing Freeport won't be and I'll need to replace it, but I need to make sure it will still work.

ta[/quote]

If you have a band 'E' (uk version) Freeport or G2 system you can use frequencies 863-865 MHz band. These will still be exempt so no problems at all.

I bought this yesterday.. so it will be en route to Dublin this week :)
BTW.. having checked on comreg (Irish Comms Regulator) all short range wireless microphone/audio systems
are exempt here at present. Im sure its just a matter of time before we have to buy licences though.

[quote name='crez5150' post='709845' date='Jan 12 2010, 11:51 AM']If you have a band 'E' (uk version) Freeport or G2 system you can use frequencies 863-865 MHz band. These will still be exempt so no problems at all.[/quote]

Really? I thought a lot of existing range stuff would be sold off to the phone companies.

I shall keep using my Freeport then - it does the job nicely.