Why become a member? ×

My unintentional Fender Precision Phil Lynott Tribute

Delberthot

Sorry man, just noticed your reply

I ordered them direct from fretfx in the US. Took longer than expected due to the holiday period.

They were around £50 compared to closer to 10 times that for the Sims jobbies. Obviously the Sims ones are completely hidden except from the LEDs themselves but if I grow tired of them further down the line, I can remove them.

I reckon the only time you'd be near the wire at the headstock would be to change strings and I don't do that nearly as often as I used to. You can't hold the bass by gripping the neck as they advise you not to so I hold it up near the headstock where a Hercules grab stand would to avoid the gubbins.

Overall I'm very happy and will be giving them their first local outing next Friday in Falkirk if you want to come and have a look at them.

All good - except the knob; I would feel like one with that on my bass!

Its a great look, much loved as he was/is Phil was, in my opinion, a great bass player in that so many people recognise his bass playing and it contributed so much to the overall sound rather than merely accompany it - which seems to be be so often the case nowadays.

A really nice chap by all accounts and, despite the manner of his death, I remember Leslie saying how proud he was of his daughter's husband (maybe just being the good dad!). His life was quite a story (was on Radio 4 a while back).