Why become a member? ×

Gallien-Krueger 1001RBII 115 Combo

Richie C

Up for sale is my Gallien-Krueger 1001RB II 1x15" Combo. Fantastic powerful amp, and everything works perfectly.

I bought this new at the end of December 2007 for £980-ish. It was gigged in 2008 – always DI’d and so not pushed hard at all, but since finishing the band I was in this has been sitting in my house for a while. Hence the sad decision to sell!

Features tilt back design, luggage style pull-out handle, and wheels for easy transport.

This powerhouse provides 700W at 4 ohms, and 50W at 8 ohms for the high end. For controlling the crossover it provides a boost, tweeter level, and hi-cut filter, and a master control for woofer level with crossover switch. Other features include a 5/4 string adjustable contour, presence, clip LED, tuning mute, active 4-band EQ, and more. 1 - 15" speaker.

Features tilt back design, luggage style pull-out handle, and wheels for easy transport - these are really handy!

Features:
- 700watts (4ohms) plus 50 watt Horn Bi-Amp System
- Active 4-band EQ
- Adjustable Contour, Presence & 4/5 String voicing
- Boost (Valve Effect)
- Separate Tweeter & Woofer volume controls
- Effects loop & Tuner out with Mute
- XLR out with Level, Ground Lift & Pre/Postswitch

I’m looking for £600 ono. Collection only from West London.

P.s. I'm a massive newbie - forgive me if I've posted anything incorrectly! :)

Edited by Richie C

[quote name='casapete' post='680291' date='Dec 10 2009, 02:34 PM']Nice amp mate, I love GK stuff!

Think your price may be a little prohibitive especially as you rightly point out at this time of year & the economic situation etc.

Good luck with your sale.[/quote]

Cheers man!

think you may be right....I am looking to move this on, so I'm going to drop the price to £675. Hopefully this may conjure some interest!

• 4 weeks later...

New Year Bump

This is still for sale!

[quote name='Richie C' post='680353' date='Dec 10 2009, 03:25 PM']Cheers man!

think you may be right....I am looking to move this on, so I'm going to drop the price to £675. Hopefully this may conjure some interest![/quote]

• 4 weeks later...

Right - another price drop: £625 ono.

Norman Watt-Roy (of the Blockheads) played through this particular amp, said that it had beautiful tone and that he wanted one. If that's not an endorsement I don't know what is!

[quote name='Richie C' post='700471' date='Jan 4 2010, 02:09 PM']New Year Bump

This is still for sale![/quote]

[quote name='Richie C' post='726166' date='Jan 27 2010, 11:22 AM']Right - another price drop: £625 ono.

Norman Watt-Roy (of the Blockheads) played through this particular amp, said that it had beautiful tone and that he wanted one. If that's not an endorsement I don't know what is![/quote]

hi
to get the full 700w at 4 ohms do you need to add an extention cab? Or does this thing kick it out through it's internal speaker.
Cheers
thebassman

Hi Bassman,

apologies, I'm not the most technically minded! However, as far as I know, it does produce 700W through the internal speaker, without the need for an extention cab.

The amp manual can be found here [url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/1001RB-II_700RB-II.pdf"]http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/100...II_700RB-II.pdf[/url] - I hope this can answer most technical questions!

Cheers.

[quote name='thebassman' post='729291' date='Jan 29 2010, 10:37 PM']hi
to get the full 700w at 4 ohms do you need to add an extention cab? Or does this thing kick it out through it's internal speaker.
Cheers
thebassman[/quote]

[quote name='Richie C' post='729909' date='Jan 30 2010, 05:37 PM']Hi Bassman,

apologies, I'm not the most technically minded! However, as far as I know, it does produce 700W through the internal speaker, without the need for an extention cab.

The amp manual can be found here [url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/1001RB-II_700RB-II.pdf"]http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/100...II_700RB-II.pdf[/url] - I hope this can answer most technical questions!

Cheers.[/quote]

thanks for the link, I will have a read:

[quote name='thebassman' post='729915' date='Jan 30 2010, 05:44 PM']thanks for the link, I will have a read:[/quote]

Just checked and it is 480watts at 8ohm, this is with just the internal speaker. It is 700watts at 4ohm, this can only be achieved with another 8ohm external speaker connected.
Thanks but not enough power for my band.
cheers
thebassman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...