Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Electric Blue

parker_muse

You have been told lies.

They run at 180W at 4 ohm, and about 130W at 8 ohm. The internal speaker is 8 ohm.

So if you were to hook up an external 8 ohm cab, you'd get the full 180W. (If you were to hook up an external 4 ohm cab, you'd get a small explosion and subsequent repair bill.)

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='672146' date='Dec 2 2009, 03:05 PM'](If you were to hook up an external 4 ohm cab, you'd get a small explosion and subsequent repair bill.)[/quote]

From experience, it just might pop a fuse if you crank it. Plus if you want to run a 4 ohm cab, easy enough to disconnect the internal speaker so it jsut reuns the 4 ohm one.

I quite like them as practice amps.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='672258' date='Dec 2 2009, 05:00 PM']From experience, it just might pop a fuse if you crank it. Plus if you want to run a 4 ohm cab, easy enough to disconnect the internal speaker so it jsut reuns the 4 ohm one.[/quote]

Yeah, true. I was elaborating for the purposes of drama.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='672258' date='Dec 2 2009, 05:00 PM']I quite like them as practice amps.[/quote]

Yes, I still use mine around the house too. Haven't taken it out since I got the LH500 and Compact though.

S.P.