Why become a member? ×

Mac recording/live set up...help me please

bassjamm

[quote name='~tl' post='671164' date='Dec 1 2009, 03:13 PM']I'd use the mixer that you've got rather than an input selector to mix the outputs. Saves getting another (quite expensive) box.[/quote]

Guess that's a fair point.

Does it matter that it's not exactly amazing, will it have any baring on the sound quality?

If you're looking for integration of Reason with a DAW in a live setting, then why not just use Propellerheads new [url="http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/"]Record[/url] software? You won't get more integrated than that :) All you then need is a good, yet simple audio interface. You new Macbook will use USB 2 which is faster than Firewire. You won't need to spend a fortune on one, just check that Reason/Record supports the interface in question. Simple.

[quote name='derrenleepoole' post='671205' date='Dec 1 2009, 03:46 PM']If you're looking for integration of Reason with a DAW in a live setting, then why not just use Propellerheads new [url="http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/"]Record[/url] software? You won't get more integrated than that :) All you then need is a good, yet simple audio interface. You new Macbook will use USB 2 which is faster than Firewire. You won't need to spend a fortune on one, just check that Reason/Record supports the interface in question. Simple.[/quote]

Thanks for that mate. I'll look into that option thanks mate.