Why become a member? ×

Hello from Belfast

Commando Jack

How's it goin all?

Just thought I'd say a quick hi from Belfast - was lurking about in the forum for a couple of weeks but decided to do the decent thing and join in!

As for me, I am a drummer who has dabbled in bass for a few years on and off, but with the advent of a proper regular bass gig, I've decided to take it a bit more seriously. Current equipment is abysmal, and I stumbled upon this forum looking for advice on gear. I'm sure I'll be bugging you's with questions in the near future!

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Well the 'regular gig' is with an acoustic covers 3 piece that plays a few bars in Antrim and the surrounding area. Not a big gig at all, but tonnes of craic and it's fun getting into the bass as well.

I've already started with the gear questions - I'm using a Rikter (?) P-bass copy (corresponding thread in the bass section if anyones got any ideas where it might have come from), through a (gulp) Roland Cube guitar amp (I know, I know - last minute and just a stand in. Sounds absolutely vile but has managed to cut through enough to be heard in the (so far) small gigs we've been playing).

Anyways, glad to be here.

Meh, flame on. I'm a drummer anyway :)