Why become a member? ×

Stefan Lessard of the Dave Matthews Band - Anyone see them earlier this year?

SMART

I caught them in Dublin. They were class.

Also caught Dave acoustically in Belfast a while back too - also excellent. Made all the better by the fact we were in a restaurant opposite the venue before the show. My girlfriend turned to me and said - "Where do I know that guy over there from?"...

[quote name='Bigwan' post='73974' date='Oct 13 2007, 10:42 PM']I caught them in Dublin. They were class.

Also caught Dave acoustically in Belfast a while back too - also excellent. Made all the better by the fact we were in a restaurant opposite the venue before the show. My girlfriend turned to me and said - "Where do I know that guy over there from?"...[/quote]

You lucky fella! They are one of the biggest groups in the USA currently and seem be picking up interest at long last. How was the bass end with Stefan on stage?

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='SMART' post='74207' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:37 PM']You lucky fella! They are one of the biggest groups in the USA currently and seem be picking up interest at long last. How was the bass end with Stefan on stage?

Ciao

Ian[/quote]

Don't drink the water rocked! The bass seemed to be cranked. Very punchy sound.

He seems to have cast off his Modulus basses though - didn't recognise what he was playing... Looked vaguely like an Esh but I don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bigwan' post='74265' date='Oct 14 2007, 06:35 PM']Don't drink the water rocked! The bass seemed to be cranked. Very punchy sound.

He seems to have cast off his Modulus basses though - didn't recognise what he was playing... Looked vaguely like an Esh but I don't think so.[/quote]

Checked with the A&R guy at Modulus and Stefan has not forsaken his Modulus basses, he's having a spell with some US Hill Custom basses which have some similarities to the ESH headstock. He has other basses in his armoury such as some Warwicks. The situation with the Hills is much the same as the recent outings that Flea had for a short while (like trying an another pair of comfortable shoes just for a change) with his vintage Fender until a close friend commented on how bad his bass sound and tone was after a full-on Chili gig wherefrom he promptly got on the phone to Modulus and they shipped him his current sunburst finish Flea bass and the rest is truly cool !!!!

Stefan will be back wielding his Modulus instruments soon...

BTW - we originally imported ESH but dropped them after a shipment of 10-12 instruments that either were not the instrument specs we ordered or had quality issues that ESH failed to address when brought to their attention. Shame really because when they were good they were really good and something different and the only standard bass to come with SimS Custom L.E.D.s

Ciao

Ian

i saw them at wembley arena and tbh the bass sound was poo :), mainly due to the acoustics of the room, it's always boomy and mushy. But the night as a whole was amazing, great performance a great fun, even if dave seemed to be coming down with a cold and soar throat.