Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* FS: Traveler Pro Series Travel Bass *PRICE DROP*

derrenleepoole

Just as the title suggests, up for sale is an American hand-made Traveler Pro Series travel bass guitar. The bass is in mint condition and has been kept in a smoke and pet free home. It comes complete with original gig bag, stethoscope for silent practice and a printed out hand drawn schematic from Traveler of the internal pickup and electronics setup. The bass features a jazz style pickup as well as a piezo in the bridge with the option to select between the two as required. The bass is 32" scale length and packs down to a bag sized at 915 x 270mm approximately. Even a Sindonido doesn't get that small! So it's very portable.

I have it on good authority that only 185 of these were ever made. How do I know this? Well, I asked Traveler directly in America and the original builder told me! It certainly raises eyebrows at gigs and a lot of questions from interested onlookers :)

I'm asking £275 delivered within the UK please. If anyone is wanting delivery overseas I'll have to quote for postage accordingly.

I would certainly consider a trade/swap on an electric upright bass or a suitably good fretless bass, as I've been gassing for one for a while now.

Edited by derrenleepoole

[quote name='derrenleepoole' post='664721' date='Nov 25 2009, 08:47 AM']*An early morning bump*[/quote]
They're great little basses! The neck reminded me very much of my old Status Series II. I used to sit on my chair in the living room with the stetho plugged in and zone out the Mrs and Hollyoaks on a Sunday affy! :)

Good luck with the sale.

Edited by Stacker

This model of bass is pre Escape series. They're hand-made American basses (newer ones are made in the far east), and this one is about 12 years old approx, with only 185 being made making it quite rare. The truss rod adjustment is indeed at the end of the neck, and it's essentially an all one piece bass. I'll take some more in depth photos and upload them later so you can see more of the detail better.