Why become a member? ×

New here

mluther746

Hello Everyone!!
I just joined these forums and glad to join here, I am hoping to make some wonderful friends along the way.
Well, i am new here in this forum and like forum discussion because I can share my views and ideas to others.
Many stuffs provided here and it would be useful to increase my knowledge.
Hope to have a great time here.
[b][color="Magenta"]:) Nice to meet you all :rolleyes:[/color][/b]

Hi All

I am also new in fact I joined minutes ago. I have always enjoyed bass lines in music and my favourite player is Norman Watt-Roy. I intend to get my first bass guitar by/for Christmas and will be an absolute beginner! At 42 next birthday I have not received much encouragement but you have to go for things and enjoy life. Bought my 6 year old son a quarter accoustic and the shop keeper told me that only already accompished musicians can play bass. However, went to see a live cover band on Saturday night and talking to their bass player afterwards he said to just get hold of one and go for it - he also had no other experience previously but was probably 20 years younger.

I'd appreciate any help and advice. My first question to the forum is;

Should my first bass guitar be a 4, 5 or 6 string? Is it easy to adapt later on and progress to more strings?

Regards

:)