Why become a member? ×

Ray C

Hi from the scottish borders. Just joined basschat, and love what Ive seen so far. I'd class myself as an ''old fart''. been playing for more years than I care to remember!!!!. Like so may other bassists, I play in a function/covers band, and to keep it interesting, {along with four other silly old farts who should know better !!} help keep the low end down in a ''not bad at all'' blues band. Ive picked up a couple of nice basses over the years. 1964 3tsb jazz bass, 1962 3tsb precision,1951 (custom shop built) precision, and Pino Palladino precison which is the gigging bass (superb pick-up), and as a ''do I really need this bass?''......yes'', a duff mc'cagan mexican built PJ bass, which I have to say is superb, dropped the action down a tad....sorted!!. Ampwise, got a Fender tb1200 head and 2 x 15 pro series cab as the gigging rig, and I use an old bxr 300c combo for the blues band. Ive just finished renovating an old Bxr spectrum cab (1 x 18 and 2 x 10, fitted an hf horn), hoping to track down a good bassman 135 valve head to drive it, as the combo really does have its limitations. Anyhow enough of this idle babbling, great to be in the company of Im sure illlustrious players, and as someone once said ''They'd sure notice if we stopped playing''!!!!!!!.