Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II

chriswilliams666

Hey Guys

I have a Great Condition Gallien Krueger 700RB-II for Sale. I think £350 is a sensible price for a sale as they seem to be £500-£600 new.

If you would like pics i can upload some.

Collection from Bognor Regis, West Sussex.

SPEC: [i]The GK 700RB-II Bi-Amp Bass Head delivering (low) 480 Watts @ 4 Ohms, 320 Watts @ 8 Ohms and (high) 50 Watts @ 8 Ohms. 4 band active EQ, 3 voicing filters, variable boost control, -10dB pad, direct output and effects loop.[/i]
[i]Many players want a little growl in their sound, but due to horn distortion, it is hard to get good sounding overdrive from passive full-range systems.
The 700RB, 1001RB, 2001RB are bi-amped with a separate 50W amp for driving the horn, so it doesn't distort when you drive the amp hard. As a result, you can get all the growl you want from your lower speakers, while the horn stays clean and articulate. GK amps also put the horn control on the amp front panel, which makes managing your overall sound that much easier.

Our new Bi-amp feature for the 700RB, 1001RB and 2001RB heads is slightly different than the 800RB. These heads utilize a main woofer amp along with a 50W high frequency amp, which is designed to drive horns only in a bi-amp capable cabinet. A bi-amp cabinet has a special bi-amp input to amplify the horn and the woofers separately which also gives you better separation and clarity between the low and high frequency drivers within a single cabinet. You get more peak power from the woofers since the main amp is not being shared with the horn as it is in passive full-range systems.

# Low-480W@4ohm, 320W@8ohm, 1 kHz. High-50W@8ohm, 5kHz.
# Continuously Variable Speed Fan.
# Ultra low noise S/N>90dB, Clip LED,
# -10dB Pad, Volume, Mute Switch and Mute LED.
# 5/4 String Bass, Adjustable Contour and Presence.
# Bass Specific Series Four Band Active.
# Boost, Tweeter Level w/ Hi-Cut Switch and Woofer Level with Crossover Switch.
# XLR, Ground Lift, Pre/Post Switch and Level Control.
# Send, Return and Tuner Out.
# Two 1/4" and Two Bi-Amp Connectors.
# 16.5 lbs.
# 17.5"W x 3.5"H x 8"D [/i]

Hey dude

The reason i am selling is because i have a 2001RB now. Its bigger (biggest) brother. :) Same tone, just more function and power.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='660221' date='Nov 20 2009, 03:15 PM']I've been keeping an eye out for one of these, but you're a few months early for me, and this won't stick around.

Why are you selling? This seems to be the perfect amp![/quote]