Why become a member? ×

1985 Vigier Passion SOLD!!!!!

Geddys nose

Bought this from Beneath it All earlier this year and looking to buy some TC cabs b4 Christmas so this has to go. Without a doubt this is the nicest bass I've ever played the neck is soooo Perfect it makes any style effortless. Its a early Series 2 with the full graphite thru neck and without the Body graphic on the lower part and is No 28 which is '85 according to Patrice's website. The Bass is a easy 9/10 and is in superb condition for its age.

Looking for £900 cash (Saw a Early White Passion sell for £1000 on the 'Bay last month) or I might be interested in a trade for a couple of light weight Cabs ie Bergs/Tecamps,Ags or even a Orange ad200 amp. Cash of course either way up to the value. I'm going to Manchester this Sunday so if anyone going to Bassday I will be around with the bass if required. Cheers Si

Pics- (Special thanks to Mick for letting me use his photo's Top Guy)
[attachment=36703:vigier_p...bass_023.jpg]
[attachment=36704:vigier_p...bass_021.jpg]
[attachment=36705:vigier_p...bass_017.jpg]
[attachment=36706:vigier_p...bass_019.jpg]
[attachment=36708:vigier_p...bass_024.jpg]

And my not very good efforts-

Edited by Geddys nose

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='658731' date='Nov 18 2009, 11:22 PM']Bought this from Beneath it All earlier this year and looking to buy some TC cabs b4 Christmas so this has to go. Without a doubt this is the nicest bass I've ever played the neck is soooo Perfect it makes any style effortless. Its a early Series 2 with the full graphite thru neck and without the Body graphic on the lower part and is No 28 which is '85 according to Patrice's website. The Bass is a easy 9/10 and is in superb condition for its age.

Looking for £900 cash (Saw a Early White Passion sell for £1000 on the 'Bay last month) or I might be interested in a trade for a couple of light weight Cabs ie Bergs/Tecamps,Ags or even a Orange ad200 amp. Cash of course either way up to the value. I'm going to Manchester this Sunday so if anyone going to Bassday I will be around with the bass if required. Cheers Si

Pics-

[/quote]

I've had a soft spot for these since the 80's. Superb guitars and amazing sound. Hope it goes to a good home :lol: pity it won't be mine... :) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone, like I said Stunning Bass and offers something different from the Current 10/90's necks soundwise (Still got my Vigier Excess so I'm not leaving the Club totally, and I'm still looking for a Roger Glover Excess). I'll get some Pics of the Rear of the Neck up tonight. Cheers Si

Ouch! very tempted to reclaim it - my fave bass of all time but I sort of feel half-undressed without the low B; tried the new Vigier 5 at bass direct recently and it sounds like everything else out there.....if anyone has the early 5 string and fancies a change, let me know pronto as I'm disappearing next week for a while.....

[quote name='far0n' post='659412' date='Nov 19 2009, 04:51 PM']Mmm, nice Vigier Passion. Here's my Series 3 being given a good beating !

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cdn7O6tXE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cdn7O6tXE[/url][/quote]

Thanks and there's some nice playing going on there.

Also Thanks Ollie and Beneath it All for the comments (Still play your Birch Ollie, it gets a lot of complements that one!)

Bump for new Photo's.

[quote name='far0n' post='659412' date='Nov 19 2009, 04:51 PM']Mmm, nice Vigier Passion. Here's my Series 3 being given a good beating !

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cdn7O6tXE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cdn7O6tXE[/url][/quote]

You mean thats you beating one of my ex's!!!

The bass on sale here is a steal - someone purchase it as I am again totally bereft of monies!

ATB!

Nick

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='659778' date='Nov 19 2009, 11:48 PM']You mean thats you beating one of my ex's!!!

The bass on sale here is a steal - someone purchase it as I am again totally bereft of monies!

ATB!

Nick[/quote]

Thanks Nick how do the Passions compare to the Arpege BTW never tried a Arpege . Cheers Si