Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB 6 string (Japan) - Flame maple Top

ryancowell25

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='663422' date='Nov 24 2009, 07:58 AM']Just to reiterate... I didn't say this is a fake. I don't think anybody else did either. I can safely say it is definitely not a production TRB though. The hardware, battery covers, neck fixing etc. all look correct but I've never seen a neck quite like that or pickups of that type in a TRB. The body actually looks like a TRB1006 but with the battery cover etc. from the more expensive Japanese model. All in all it's very strange - doesn't make it a bad bass though.[/quote]

That being the case he DID state it's a prototype model.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='664750' date='Nov 25 2009, 09:27 AM']Now you mention it... this does look a lot like a TRB-JP...

....with presumably a custom body. Which could make the thing very interesting and unusual.[/quote]

Ah NO! It's got that bloody lower horn "Slap scoop"......Keep that away!!!

[quote name='Kongo' post='665774' date='Nov 25 2009, 11:55 PM']Ah NO! It's got that bloody lower horn "Slap scoop"......Keep that away!!![/quote]

Well... if you custom ordered that with a clear lacquer and no scoop....... I'm sure prospective purchasers will look at the pictures and judge for themselves :)

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='665861' date='Nov 26 2009, 06:33 AM']Well... if you custom ordered that with a clear lacquer and no scoop....... I'm sure prospective purchasers will look at the pictures and judge for themselves :)[/quote]

No scoop please!!!
Got one on one of my basses...not helpful at all.

Edited by Kongo

• 4 months later...