Why become a member? ×

Fortress Masterman 5 string Reduced NO LONGER AVAILABLE

oldslapper

Ok, this is on fleabay at £350 BIN. So after their fees and paypal robbery I'll end up with considerably less. Had the usual 'bayer lots of watchers/PMs from UK and europe but no bites.
So am reducing to £300 cash or paypal gift on BC. I'm just keeping the one 5 & 4 string remaining basses I have, and clearing everything else out.
I'm playing upright bass more these days anyway so I do not need things hanging on walls I'll never use......blimey I can't believe I'm finally agreeing with the wife about guitars.
Please PM me if you are making a firm offer and I'll remove off the 'bay.
I can post if needed at cost.
PS as Sir Steve Redgrave said....."please shoot me if you see me getting in a boat again"....you have full permission to refuse to sell me a bass if I lapse and make another move on a plank.

[quote name='Gamble' post='685796' date='Dec 15 2009, 10:03 PM']I take it it sold on the 'Bay then?[/quote]
No, had a bout of sanity and finally decided to keep it as I couldn't bear selling it so cheap, would rather live with it.
Also someone on BC very helpfully sent me a link to somene in the US that had a 5 string Warwick neck selling for £65, so I'm getting it picked up by a mate over there and he'll chuck it back to me when he's over here in new year. So could work out ok in the end.
I'm selling some other basses instead as I need to raise cash, but probably put up in nearest music shop, so they can be seen & played before buying.
Cheers

[quote name='oldslapper' post='686041' date='Dec 16 2009, 08:35 AM']No, had a bout of sanity and finally decided to keep it as I couldn't bear selling it so cheap, would rather live with it.
[b]Also someone on BC very helpfully sent me a link to somene in the US that had a 5 string Warwick neck selling for £65, so I'm getting it picked up by a mate over there and he'll chuck it back to me when he's over here in new year[/b]. So could work out ok in the end.
I'm selling some other basses instead as I need to raise cash, but probably put up in nearest music shop, so they can be seen & played before buying.
Cheers[/quote]

Result!

Sounds like you made the right decision, although i'm surprised nobody snapped this up tbh!

Did you check that the neck you are getting is not drilled? The bolt holes can vary between models so if it is already drilled you may need to get a bit of dowling and re-drilling work done.

Edited by rjb

[quote name='rjb' post='686089' date='Dec 16 2009, 09:50 AM']Did you check that the neck you are getting is not drilled? The bolt holes can vary between models so if it is already drilled you may need to get a bit of dowling and re-drilling work done.[/quote]
Yes, I checked with a guitar maker I've discovered yesterday, who lives fairly locally, and he priced a "redrill" and neck fitting and I'm still looking at a replaced neck for under £100.
I've asked the seller if the neck has any issues, but my mate will have a look at the neck before parting with dollars. He, unlike me, knows what to look for.
Thanks to all here who put up with my whingeing and changes of mind, but offered good advice and guidance. And thanks for not buying it too! :)

That's great news! Really glad to hear the bass is going to be restored to it's full former glory, I was probably going to just put up with it too for the sake of a bargain if I'd found the money.
On a side note, have you got any plans for the old neck? I might be interested in it for a project (that'll probably never get off the ground!)

[quote name='Gamble' post='686410' date='Dec 16 2009, 03:28 PM']That's great news! Really glad to hear the bass is going to be restored to it's full former glory, I was probably going to just put up with it too for the sake of a bargain if I'd found the money.
On a side note, have you got any plans for the old neck? I might be interested in it for a project (that'll probably never get off the ground!)[/quote]
Ok, I'll let you know when it's off. Probably early 2010.
Cheers, John