Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop 1970 Jazz bass ***TRADED***

birdy

The Sadowsky Metro and the fretless jazz are sold/withdrawn respectively.

Last one for sale is the fender custom shop....

Fender Custom shop 1970 jazz limited edition 1 of 100 only made. Its a stunning natural wood colour with maple neck and inlays. One was just on eBay for BIN of £1900 and starting at £1500 I think. I got this in a swap and it really is a hard decision as to whether to keep this or the sadowsky. I think this is more playeable but I prefer the tone of the sad but its marginal in both departments. It comes with a fender special cream LE case.

I have gigged this bass but theres no damage to it that I can see. There are some scratches on the case which is a shame but they are meant to be used. I was going to ask £1400 for this but due to the slight case damage I will let go for around £1300.

Would prefer anyone who is interested to come and try the bass rather than post where possible. I am based centrally in North Birmingham

Any questions fire away. Not desperate to sell but I get in trouble if I have too many basses from my better half....

Thanks

Steve

Edited by birdy

[quote name='Sibob' post='71962' date='Oct 10 2007, 02:10 AM']What bass is the custom shop? Jazz? Precision?
Just for clarity for everyone else

Si[/quote]

Good question!! Its a jazz......remarkably like this one...

[url="http://www.fender.com/customshop/instruments/search.php?partno=9270000288"]http://www.fender.com/customshop/instrumen...rtno=9270000288[/url]

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Another bump before I pursue other avenues with this such as shipping it down to the Gallery or vintage and rare.

Heres a link to a new one at Mansons which will cost you £2.5K

[url="http://www.mansons.co.uk/product_info.cfm?productID=FDRJAZZ70&menu_drilldown=product&typegroup=Bass%20Guitars&type=Fender%20Bass&CFID=4755897&CFTOKEN=83730315"]http://www.mansons.co.uk/product_info.cfm?...FTOKEN=83730315[/url]

Thanks for any interest - I have all of the case candy, certificate, pick up covers, strap etc that came with the bass. Only thing marginally 'wrong' is a few scratches to the case. This will hold its price and go up in value. Plus its an awesome bass!!

Steve

[quote name='Bassman' post='85519' date='Nov 8 2007, 04:16 PM']bump for my lovely and lost first bass[/quote]

Thanks Bassman. Did you own this actual bass? I got it off Marcus from this forum. I suspect you mean that you had a different one!

Steve

QUOTE (Bassman @ Nov 8 2007, 04:16 PM)
bump for my lovely and lost first bass

"Thanks Bassman. Did you own this actual bass? I got it off Marcus from this forum. I suspect you mean that you had a different one!

Steve"

Hi,
Not the Custom shop, but the Fender JB with maple neck, maple body, white pickguard, white Pearloid block and the S4xxxxx series(1974), an amazing and beautiful bass I've ever had. I sold it since 10years (because i'm too youuuuuuung) and now I search for it, why not this custom shop? Because it's a pretty expensive, but this costs that way...
I don't like the MM cause the pickguard is too big, the electronics is poor (preamp I mean) and the signature are not a bass but a merchandising (this is my way of thinking...)

Have a good deal with you perfectsublimissima Fender JB 4 Custom Shop

[quote name='Bassman' post='87780' date='Nov 13 2007, 10:47 AM']QUOTE (Bassman @ Nov 8 2007, 04:16 PM)
bump for my lovely and lost first bass

"Thanks Bassman. Did you own this actual bass? I got it off Marcus from this forum. I suspect you mean that you had a different one!

Steve"

Hi,
Not the Custom shop, but the Fender JB with maple neck, maple body, white pickguard, white Pearloid block and the S4xxxxx series(1974), an amazing and beautiful bass I've ever had. I sold it since 10years (because i'm too youuuuuuung) and now I search for it, why not this custom shop? Because it's a pretty expensive, but this costs that way...
I don't like the MM cause the pickguard is too big, the electronics is poor (preamp I mean) and the signature are not a bass but a merchandising (this is my way of thinking...)

Have a good deal with you perfectsublimissima Fender JB 4 Custom Shop[/quote]

Thanks Bassman. Maybe someday you will find her :-)

Steve

Hi Steve,

Did you sell the 5 string Sadowsky then?

Just a note to everyone, I've played this very bass (custom shop Jazz) and absolutely loved it. It has a fullness and warm I really enjoyed. It's well balanced and a nice weight. It's probably a better player than my 1975 Jazz...

See you soon Steve!