Why become a member? ×

Akai Deep Impact SB1 and a Crybaby

LawrenceH

GAS-induced poverty is forcing me to sell this. I don't really want to as it has some FAT sounds, but since moving far away from my old music friends I really don't have an excuse to keep it and it seems they're worth a bit nowadays thanks to a band called Muse. If that's your sort of thing!

Anyway I notice someone else on here has one up for grabs too, so check his too if my price is too high. There's another on ebay as well, which is where this one'll probably end up if no-one bites. I'm asking £300, since that appears to be the going rate and as I said I don't really want to say goodbye - selling it for less just isn't worth it to me, it's such a funky little box and I'll probably never get another.

Item is mint, never been stomped on or smoked into, complete with original power supply, manual and box - although there is a tear in the cardboard where some *^&% idiot I once lent it to in college ripped it trying to force it open. Although he was at Cambridge, he couldn't actually manage to work out a cardboard box it seems (yes I'm taking about you, Anish). I think there might even be an Akai sticker in the box if you want the added mojo, though I wouldn't swear to it until I've got someone to check. It's back with my family in Devon but I'll make sure all is fine with it before selling, and get some photos if anyone's interested. Apparently it's good to have the original power supply on these.

I also have one of the white 'adjustable Q' bass crybabys (105Q?) that I don't really use any more. I never really got on with it so it has never been gigged and again is in great nick, with original box. But with this the crappy black plastic cover for the battery compartment is missing - the plastic latch snapped off about the first time I used it and I never got another since the battery fitted very snugly anyway and didn't seem to fall out. I notice guitarists very rarely have these on their ones either so guess it must be a common flaw and not just my cack-handedness! Cost me £110-odd back in the day, they seem to be similar now, so £60?

[quote name='Kev' post='655347' date='Nov 15 2009, 06:52 PM']£300 is a smashing price mate, and a fair bit cheaper than what they can be fetching on ebay at the moment :) should be sold in no time :rolleyes:

Bump![/quote]

Cheers Kev

Got two potential buyers at the mo but as the guidelines request photos wherever possible, I'll bung a couple of pics up anyway along with those of the wah to provide some evidence of this elusive pedal's existence! Both pedals have been checked just to make sure they're still working (they were fine when I put them away but it's been a year or so) and all seemed fine and dandy. They've been indoors so no reason to suspect they'd have suffered in any case.

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='655627' date='Nov 16 2009, 01:53 AM']Cheers Kev

Got two potential buyers at the mo but as the guidelines request photos wherever possible, I'll bung a couple of pics up anyway along with those of the wah to provide some evidence of this elusive pedal's existence! Both pedals have been checked just to make sure they're still working (they were fine when I put them away but it's been a year or so) and all seemed fine and dandy. They've been indoors so no reason to suspect they'd have suffered in any case.[/quote]

Well woodyatm found his SB1 (congrats mate, enjoy the fatness!), and someone else scored one on ebay for £335 plus £9 postage. So bump, this one's still available at £300 plus postage (£7.30 recorded was the best I could find), don't make me ebay it! They're evil.

Crybaby still there too, I had an offer but they wanted me to include postage to Belgium which was a bit too expensive sadly.