Why become a member? ×

Bass studies

Cyprusbass92

Hey
I'm doing a foundation degree in Bass Performance at the moment, and I believe there isn't a best place to learn because all the colleges have different teaching methods and different tutors.
I was recommended the London College of Music(Basstech) and the Institute of Contemporary music performance, but I decided to go to ACM as the facilities and tutors were generally better.
Here's the link: [url="http://www.acm.ac.uk/"]http://www.acm.ac.uk/[/url]
Check the tutors out especially Stefan Redtenbacher and Nik Preston!

I agree with the above - if you are interested in music performance, in my experience, 99% of your personal outcome is predicated on the tutor you have, your relationship with them, and your willingness to practice. These factors can make or break a music performance degree.

Caveat emptor: some places of study may have great tutors on paper, but due to other commitments they are not always available for regular study. This can cause difficulties. I would advise consulting current or previous students to discover what the reality of a course is, versus the sunny prospectus point of view.

Sometimes it is possible to arrange tutor(s) of your own preference and have the institution pay for them - a thing of incredible value if used wisely, and perhaps worth enquiring about.

Jennifer