Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Electricery help required

Dropzone

Hi Gang

Does anyone know anyone or have reasonable knowledge of how active pick ups work. My bass failed at soundcheck at the last gig. Luckily I took a spare along with me. Upon inspection I have found a black wire that has come disconnected. I have touched it onto where I think it has come off (on the volume casing), but this does not solved the problem.

I am in the Chichester area of West Sussex (South Coast) and there is a beer in it for whoever can help ;-)

I do have a photo I can email, but can't work out how to place it onto here?

Many thanks in advnace.

Mike

[quote name='Dropzone' post='644587' date='Nov 3 2009, 06:55 PM']I do have a photo I can email, but can't work out how to place it onto here?[/quote]

When you reply to your post or do a full edit, you'll see a browse and upload facility at the bottom right where you can upload from your PC to the website and then insert it as an attachment to the message.

If the picture is on a remote server, then just add the URL to the post or use the img tags to attach an image.

Well, it would appear I was trying the right thing, but toching the lead to the pot was not a good enough connection. One blob of solder solved the problem. Woo hoo. I shal be using the bass at our gig tonight at the Admiral Drake in Portsmouth.

Many thanks to those who responded.

Mike