Why become a member? ×

Hi Lowenders

octaedro7

I'm lazy enough to copy-paste my introduction from the about me:

I'm an autodidact player, only two months of formal classes (not even consecutive) in 21 years as a player.
I used to play a lot with my former band back in the 90's in Chile (a country not a pepper). We played our own tunes, very eclectic stuff, sort of a mixture between prog rock, funk, avant garde and some metal as well. No vocals.
After the band got dissolved, I started to mess with MIDI and DAWS, only using the bass for composing. Was playing less and less until I stopped almost completely like 4 years ago.
When I moved to Madrid, almost 3 years now, sold my all time bass. When my daughter was born, 5 months ago I decided to come back to play. So the second after making that decision an illness called GAS possessed my body and mind.
Now I got 3 beauties and started with formal classes just today.

Glad to find this place.

Cheers for everyone.

[quote name='Musky' post='644797' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:32 PM']I had to look up autodidactic. Yeah, I'm one of those. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I had to pay a visit to googlw as well....and guess what I am.....Who said spending yor time in a bass forum isn't educashunal. :)

Anyway...welcome to the forum...I'm sure you will find it most entertaining