Why become a member? ×

1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom

I have the unpleasant task of selling some guitars for a late close friend's widow. She had intended to keep the lot but needs must. With the help of a very helpfull BC'er, this guitar has been dated to 1977.
Serial number (not stamped in apparently) 06211025. It also has the words "Les Paul Custom" and made in USA on the reverse of the headstock. The guitar has not been cleaned in any way as is obvious by one of the pictures. The case is not the original as it's from the 80's period. The bridge pick-up was changed to a Seymour Duncan but the guitar will be sold with the original refitted or if anyone prefers to do this themselves, the Duncan can be returned afterwards as I'm trying to get as much money for this lot as possible for her. The guitar is in Brittany but will be with me after about 10 days for any further photography and info. Getting the guitar back to the UK is not a problem and any carriage will only be within the UK but it MUST be insured if you want to do that. Collection from Essex is also an option.

I know the pics are not great but she didn't really understand my instructions. The paper name and address sticker on the back of the headstock will be removed as it was simply put there for ID purposes by my late friend.

As stated, I need to try and get as good a price as possible and she has told me that she would like to get as close to 2,000 Euros as possible. I don't know what this equates to in Sterling at the moment as it changes on a daily basis.
If this is your cup of tea, try a very close offer.

Other guitars to come shortly will be a pair of PRS 10 tops, a pair of 80's Kramer Barettas, a 1978 natural Strat but unfortunately with a Floyd and a pair of Duncan humbuckers and a Heartfield Elan (1992) a Mex Tele and a couple of acoustics. Thanks for looking.

I believe that looks like a Gibson Protector case in your pics.
If so, it could well be the original case as supplied with the guitar - I bought a Gibson Les paul Standard in the late 70's that came supplied with the same type.

Good luck with your sale.
Cheers.

• 2 months later...