Why become a member? ×

Laney Amp - British 40w 80s combo

The Admiral

Hi all

Having a bit of a clear out at home and need to shift this old British built 40w combo.

Bought for £115 in 1981 from Russell Acotts in Oxford (that's £363 in today's money can you believe - I checked an online inflation calculator!) I remember the price - because I borrowed the money off my Mum and paid her back weekly out of my £45 a week wages. Aah...... the good old days eh?

It's never been thrashed - only done a couple of small pub gigs back in the day, but in great nick : no rips or tears in the vinyl, and only a minor 'rub' on the front panel. It does have a couple of knobs missing, but I've no doubt they are available online somewhere. I think it has a Fane speaker if I remember rightly.

Price? Who knows - make me an offer. Uses ? Practice amp which would do for a small pub gig at a squeeze, OR, a better bet for any youngsters than all the sh*tty Chinese starter kit bass amps that are out there these days.

Controls : Master volume, Bass, Parametric mid with parameter setting, Treble and Gain - with a boost button, and Hi and Low inputs. It still sounds pretty good for an old tranny amp, and considering its 28 years old............

It's heavy - so pick up would be better, but I could send it parcel post or courier : price TBA.

Just what you need to go with your 80s Japcrap bass - an 80s amp!

Cheers

A

[attachment=35499:Photographic_014.jpg]