Why become a member? ×

Status 4000 Headless

vmaxblues

Hi, just thought I would put this out there as I don't use it and it is a real beauty in great condition. It is serial number 196 and it looks like this... (Excuse my rubbish photographic efforts)

I am looking for £700 plus postage if anyone is interested.

It is very difficult to photograph a shiny bass!

Edited by vmaxblues

Doctor of the bass quotes:

"Allo!

Lovely Status there - you might want to add that it appears to have been modded in terms of the electronics - these originally had just 3 controls, stepped master volume, p/up blend and active treble boost - yours looks to have two tone controls that I'd asssume would perhaps be bass and treble eq!

Also - these were the evolution of the wooden bodied 3000 series - the 4000 has a resin body! I had an identical one but fretless.

ATB!

Nick"

Thanks Nick, I really don't know about mods, it all looks original, but I will bow to your knowledge, and yes it does have a sexy resin body!!

Cheers

Stuart

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='638635' date='Oct 27 2009, 11:32 PM']It is very difficult to photograph a shiny bass![/quote]

Is that a Murphy's Irish Stout sign I can see reflected in the bass :)

Always gassed after these, alas funds low, best for the sale.

This used to be mine,the electronics were upgraded by status,spec is master vol,pan,treble cut/boost & bass cut/boost.Only reason I sold this was I found status necks a little wide for my arthritic fingers . A headless Status is something that every bass player should own at least once in their lifetime,double ball strings are easy to source or you can use single ball & clamp them at the nut,Great bass for someone out their,best of luck with the sale, mike b

[quote name='wrinkleygit' post='639303' date='Oct 28 2009, 07:03 PM']This used to be mine,the electronics were upgraded by status,spec is master vol,pan,treble cut/boost & bass cut/boost.Only reason I sold this was I found status necks a little wide for my arthritic fingers . A headless Status is something that every bass player should own at least once in their lifetime,double ball strings are easy to source or you can use single ball & clamp them at the nut,Great bass for someone out their,best of luck with the sale, mike b[/quote]

I was right! Da Daaa!

Nick (modest eh!?)