Why become a member? ×

Electro Harmonix Knockout Attack Equalizer

JHBASS

Hey all,

Ive been looking at the Knock Out (and yes like a magpie im drawn to the casing!), and do you chaps recomend it? I can see it being benefitial for my bottom end at those gigs where the sound system is crap....or the amatures put you throught the PA or a guitar amp!

Whatca think?

Cheers, Josh

To be honest, I personally think it's a one trick pedal. However, that may be a trick you're looking for. What do you want to get from it? A fatter sound? Dub tones?

I have to say, it sounds great on guitar! It's good for sharpening your attack, but certainly not slowing it down (but you can do that with the controls on your bass).

A few things to think about: it's fairly noisy, the resale value isn't great and there's a risk you'll get bored with it's one 'trick'.

Cheers for the responses guys,

sorry I havent been able to get back to you all, Ive been in Spain!

Just a couple more questions (sorry!)

1) Does it physically boost what ever frequency you dial in?
2) is there a point where the sound gets very trebely/gritty, just would be nice if it did this for me!

Thanks,

Josh

Cheers for the responses guys,

2) is there a point where the sound gets very trebely/gritty, just would be nice if it did this for me!

Thanks,

Josh

[quote name='JHBASS' post='642337' date='Nov 1 2009, 09:32 AM']Cheers for the responses guys,

Thanks,

Josh[/quote]

This is not how the KO operates.

I wrote a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14480&st=0&p=152485&#entry152485"]review[/url] a while ago. You may find it interesting.

Yes, there review was a great read, just what I needed. Thankfully these seem to be easy to find and try than other EHX pedals, so I feel I need to have a play with one in the flesh!

Thanks all, Im sure Ill be troubling all again, with some very stupid questions on my part!

Josh