Why become a member? ×

Ashdown combo with phones?

jmsjabb

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='637301' date='Oct 26 2009, 08:31 PM']I have just bought an Ashdown ABM C100 300 Evo combo and was told it can be used with headphones, but I can't see how. Can anyone confirm this please, or is it possible to get a device to plug into the tuner / line out?[/quote]

This probably doesn't help much but..

The line out on my (non Ashdown) combo is labelled Headphone/Line out it is controlled by the volume control & there is a switch to turn the speaker off. My main amp is an Ashdown (MK500) and I monitor this on headphones by DIing into my porta-studio.

If your line-out will not drive headphones I guess you still need to get a headphone amp or porta-studio.

Brendan

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='637301' date='Oct 26 2009, 08:31 PM']I have just bought an Ashdown ABM C100 300 Evo combo and was told it can be used with headphones, but I can't see how. Can anyone confirm this please, or is it possible to get a device to plug into the tuner / line out?[/quote]

Is it one of the 1x10 combo's?
I've got one of those & you definitely can't use headphones with it. (However, mine is one of the older UK built ones with white buttons so a newer version might be different).

[quote name='RhysP' post='639214' date='Oct 28 2009, 04:42 PM']Is it one of the 1x10 combo's?
I've got one of those & you definitely can't use headphones with it. (However, mine is one of the older UK built ones with white buttons so a newer version might be different).[/quote]
Mine has white buttons. Oh well, what are the options on headphone amps then?