Why become a member? ×

Bridge Saddle barrel replacement screw ?

Nostromo

Hi.
Ive lost one of the tiny little barrel screws off the top string saddle of the bridge of my Fender Mexican Jazz Bass . . . I'm not exactly sure what these tiny little screws are actually known as in the trade ? ? . . but, just to clarify, its one of those pair of little screws that adjusts the height of each barrel on the bridge.
Would anyone know where I could order a replacement one ?
Ive been googling . . . but haven't found anything, because, as I say, I don't exactly know what these little screws are called ? . . so am not hitting the right sites in my searches ?
Also, I dont know if, or how often, Fender have changed the specs of bridges fitted to Mex Jazz Basses ? . . I guess their may be umpteen different lengths, diameters and even threads ? . .
So even if I find a supplier will it be easy to order one that will be the right one for my Mexican Jazz Bass (The serial number of my bass starts MZ217.... so I'm wondering if that means maybe its a 2002 bass ? . . if it is, maybe that might help me get the right part ? ? )
Any help or advice very very much appreciated as the bass is unplayable till I sort this out ?
Thanks

Edited by Nostromo

They're called 'grub screws'. Finding them with Allen key heads isn't too easy, but slot screwdriver heads are quite common (B&Q etc). You can change them all to keep them the same type with a packet of 10 for a quid or two. Proper vintage fender grub screws will probably be at least 30 quid each :)

[size=7]Big Thank You to the Bass Doc ! . . . . [/size]

Replacement barrel height screw ( + a spare + a tiny allen key to fit it with ! ! ) All arrived safely today so my Mex Jazz Bass is now up and running again once more.

What can I say - other than a big thank you to a great guy on a great site !

May all the Bass Docs gigs be fantastic ones . . . . . . . that's what I say !

Cheers

nostromo

:rolleyes: :) :lol: