Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette for trade / sale SOLD

guybrush threepwood

SOLD

1996 Corvette standard (bubinga). It has an ultra thin, fast wenge neck (not like the tree trunks on modern warwicks), low action, beautiful tone and is an absolute joy to play. Been modified with EMG active pups, and an EMG circuit (3 band cut and boost, with a sweepable mid). Plus the previous owner has also installed a 3-way switch instead of the blend pot, easily changed, but I've found it very usable - 3 different sounds are easily selectable, all of them pumped full of serious midrange growl.

Good condition, but with the playing wear that's to be expected from an instrument that's 13 years old. I'll try and get some photos taken soon, and I can put some sound samples online, at request.

I'd be sad to see it go, but I've got my heart set on something along the lines of a Fender Jazz, and I can't afford to just buy one outright. .

Edited by guybrush threepwood

As promised...
[attachment=35091:IMG_0260.jpg] [attachment=35094:IMG_0267.jpg] [attachment=35102:IMG_0270.jpg] [attachment=35104:IMG_0274.jpg] [attachment=35106:IMG_0279.jpg] [attachment=35107:IMG_0283.jpg] [attachment=35108:IMG_0289.JPG] [attachment=35109:IMG_0291.jpg] [attachment=35110:IMG_0293.jpg] [attachment=35111:IMG_0296.JPG] [attachment=35112:IMG_0300.JPG]
A few things to note from the pictures... The electronics compartment door needs fixing / replacing, unless you're like me, and are not too bothered by a couple of pieces of electrical tape where it can't be seen. The barrel-type jack socket has been replaced by the previous owner with a more 'sensible' one; I had loads of problems with the normal Warwick jack socket on my old Streamer - they really are rubbish! They get twisted inside over time and the wires pull out. I've not had a problem with this one since I've owned it. Also, one of the tuners has a screw head missing, however the body of the screw is still in place, and the unit does not move. The tuners still work amazingly well (it stays in tune for ages at a time), so this really isn't a problem unless you wanted to change the heads; if so, it would just need drilling out. There's obviously quite a bit of wear to the top of the headstock as well, but don't blame me! It was the previous owner.

Anyway, I'll stop being so negative... :) As you can see, the action is lovely and low, it has the superior fully-adjustable brass nut, the neck is thinner than a supermodel, and that wood.... *drool* Although, there are a few little dings and scratches here and there... It truly is a stunning piece of bubinga, so rich and red - ok the camera adds a little bit of over-exposure, but you get the idea. The wenge is also lovely and dark. The sound is incredible, really tight and focused, with so much yummy mids!

EDIT - Forgot to mention that I've also just replaced the Dunlop straplocks, as the old one's were worn out.

Edited by guybrush threepwood

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='636094' date='Oct 25 2009, 01:21 PM']Ahh Monkey Island....takes me back- If you have the second i'll buy it off you. Do you have a price?[/quote]
Well, really I'm looking for £700, but due to Warwick's simply not holding their price... I think it might be a wee bit ambitious... :)

Feel free to make me an offer :rolleyes:

Ok guys, quite a special bumperoo this one, involves a price reduction...

I've been looking round to see what other Warwicks go for, and I think that a much fairer price would be £600. Unfortunately I wish I could get more for it, but alas, they really don't hold their prices well in the second hand market :) I know some of you might think that this is still quite pricey, but if you turn your attention to these links for the pickups - [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74035"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74035[/url] and electronics - [url="http://www.guitarpartsshop.co.uk/acatalog/EMG-BQS-3-Band-System.html"]http://www.guitarpartsshop.co.uk/acatalog/...and-System.html[/url] I think this shows that this really is a great deal, for an absolutely fantastic bass. Seriously, the more recent corvettes don't even come close.

This price would include a gig bag, straplocks and a half used tin of warwick wax, to keep the little beaut shiny as a pretty penny.

Of course I'd be open to trades, just PM me.