Why become a member? ×

Prettiest self build Tele in the world.

I fancy buying another guitar that's becoming available shortly so need to clear a few bits out.

This started out by me buying a body from a luthier here who'd just started supplying his own bodies. I then got a clone Tele neck off french ebay. I decided to be a bit different and added a Strat bridge (that works) and a pair of Epiphone Alnico V pick-ups (new) These were fitted by the luthier.

It looks great and leaving any labour aside, I'm not likely to get my money back but hey-ho, it was an adventure. The headstock decal was added by the luthier and it also carries a Fender California neck plate just to complete the look.

THIS IS NOT A GENUINE TELECASTER but plays, looks and feels superb. Can't really see in the pics but fingerboard is nicely figured. I can give anyone buying, a padded gig bag and could get the guitar to the UK next week.

The bits alone stand me in 310 Euros but in reality I know it's probably only worth about £275. (Hope so anyway) The whole thing stands me in excess of 400 Euros. It is more or less pristine and it's only issue (with me anyway) is the pick-guard was over cut at the neck joint by about 1.5mm.

Cheers for looking.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' post='633311' date='Oct 22 2009, 10:44 AM']I fancy buying another guitar that's becoming available shortly so need to clear a few bits out.

This started out by me buying a body from a luthier here who'd just started supplying his own bodies. I then got a clone Tele neck off french ebay. I decided to be a bit different and added a Strat bridge (that works) and a pair of Epiphone Alnico V pick-ups (new) These were fitted by the luthier.

It looks great and leaving any labour aside, I'm not likely to get my money back but hey-ho, it was an adventure. The headstock decal was added by the luthier and it also carries a Fender California neck plate just to complete the look.

THIS IS NOT A GENUINE TELECASTER but plays, looks and feels superb. Can't really see in the pics but fingerboard is nicely figured. I can give anyone buying, a padded gig bag and could get the guitar to the UK next week.

The bits alone stand me in 310 Euros but in reality I know it's probably only worth about £275. (Hope so anyway) The whole thing stands me in excess of 400 Euros. It is more or less pristine and it's only issue (with me anyway) is the pick-guard was over cut at the neck joint by about 1.5mm.

Cheers for looking.[/quote]

Nice one, that's way better looking then any Fender!

[quote name='leschirons' post='633311' date='Oct 22 2009, 10:44 AM']I fancy buying another guitar that's becoming available shortly so need to clear a few bits out.

Cheers for looking.[/quote]

I take it thats not a standard Tele scratchplate though. leschirons. wondered if a standard one would fit without holes showing.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='642119' date='Oct 31 2009, 08:40 PM']I take it thats not a standard Tele scratchplate though. leschirons. wondered if a standard one would fit without holes showing.[/quote]

Don't really know mate as I had that one made and there were no holes in the body to start with. I don't have a real Tele here or I'd try it on for size. I quite like the white pearloid look anyway but I guess plain black would look just as nice.

[quote name='benzies123' post='639514' date='Oct 28 2009, 11:04 PM']Nice one, that's way better looking then any Fender![/quote]

Thanks, it's great to play too though unfortunately it has to go if I'm going to get my hands on the other one.

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='642720' date='Nov 1 2009, 08:05 PM'][url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0137402321"]http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0137402321[/url][/quote]

Blimey, mines a dead ringer apart from a 4 bolt neck and a different profile on the neck (more D shape if anything)

I thought the Fender thinlines had 4 knobs like a Les Paul set-up and I had no idea they ever used a Strat bridge. That's a beauty. I might put the price up (or change my mind about selling it)

Cheers for that.

Edited by leschirons