Why become a member? ×

3 classic songs

leschirons

I know this should really be in "How was your gig last night" but I feel it's more allied to playing bass.

Got in about 45 mins ago from a gig. There were about 150 people there and it was an informal dinner type jobby. With that many in the audience over here, you'd usually find about 4 - 6 musos and you'll end up in the occaisional jam/free for all. Usually mind numbingly slow blues but not tonight. I had the pleasure of having to play 3 songs I knew (in my head) but had never actually got around to playing before. I'd really forgotten how great they were. Scottish girl said she wanted a go at singing. She could do it. Up on the roof, Will you still love me tomorrow and You got a friend. So, a serious King / Goffin fan. Not difficult to busk but what great numbers. Sorry to sound like a 57 year old but they don't write them like that any more.

[quote name='leschirons' post='629229' date='Oct 18 2009, 01:53 AM']I know this should really be in "How was your gig last night" but I feel it's more allied to playing bass.

Got in about 45 mins ago from a gig. There were about 150 people there and it was an informal dinner type jobby. With that many in the audience over here, you'd usually find about 4 - 6 musos and you'll end up in the occaisional jam/free for all. Usually mind numbingly slow blues but not tonight. I had the pleasure of having to play 3 songs I knew (in my head) but had never actually got around to playing before. I'd really forgotten how great they were. Scottish girl said she wanted a go at singing. She could do it. Up on the roof, Will you still love me tomorrow and You got a friend. So, a serious King / Goffin fan. Not difficult to busk but what great numbers. Sorry to sound like a 57 year old but they don't write them like that any more.[/quote]
+1

Great songs....