Why become a member? ×

ashdown mag 600h

munkonthehill

yip I agree with andy, its a pre-amp issue.

I was playing about with the amp just there, I can get plenty of volume with only a small amount of input dialed in, however the VU meter didnt bounce about that much.

I then had the input dialed right up and volume down low(obviously) and although there was backround noise coming through the cab there was no realnoise coming from the head except the fan whizzing round.

unfortunatly dude looks like you should get straight onto ashdown.

either way please get in touh and tell us how you get on

Good news, however I feel like a bit of an idiot.....

Finally got through to Ashdown - they said to try input full up, and all eqs brought in and fully up - the amp went straight into the red....

I took the EQ completely out of the equation - I thought the input level control literally took the raw signal and added some gain, before anything else even got near it!

Oops - problem solved - the amp sounds great now too!

Thank you all for your help!

[quote name='russ1911' post='681042' date='Dec 11 2009, 10:10 AM']Good news, however I feel like a bit of an idiot.....

Finally got through to Ashdown - they said to try input full up, and all eqs brought in and fully up - the amp went straight into the red....

I took the EQ completely out of the equation - I thought the input level control literally took the raw signal and added some gain, before anything else even got near it!

Oops - problem solved - the amp sounds great now too!

Thank you all for your help![/quote]

Good news!