Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb bass 1998

BassBod

[attachment=34613:DSCN1313.JPG][attachment=34611:DSCN1310.JPG][attachment=34612:DSCN1309.JPG]

Always wanted to try one...finally got one earlier this year. A nice example of a late 90's Thumb, all original and v good condition, just a few minor dings as expected on an oiled bass. Woods are wenge and bubinga, brass nut, all pickups and circuitry are original MEC and function perfectly. Comes in a recent Warwick bag, with all tools.

Its a lovely bass, but I don't need it. Collection only (don't want to risk sending in a bag) from Bristol/Bath area..or could meet at Cardiff bass bash?

PM any questions and I'll get back as soon as I can

BB

[quote name='BassBod' post='628851' date='Oct 17 2009, 03:53 PM'][attachment=34613:DSCN1313.JPG][attachment=34611:DSCN1310.JPG][attachment=34612:DSCN1309.JPG]

Always wanted to try one...finally got one earlier this year. A nice example of a late 90's Thumb, all original and v good condition, just a few minor dings as expected on an oiled bass. Woods are wenge and bubinga, brass nut, all pickups and circuitry are original MEC and function perfectly. Comes in a recent Warwick bag, with all tools.

Its a lovely bass, but I don't need it. Collection only (don't want to risk sending in a bag) from Bristol/Bath area..or could meet at Cardiff bass bash?

PM any questions and I'll get back as soon as I can

BB[/quote]
Hi there has your warwick got a nice low action-mike from cardiff.

Well, it can be set very low..if that's how you like it. Depends on your style of playing I guess? Good level frets (very little wear) and highly adjustable bridge. One thing to note is its got the "reverse action" truss rod Warwick used in the 90's - its a two way rod but adjusts the opposite way to normal (ie NOT righty=tightly). Its also got the original brass adjustable nut, although I haven't had any need to move it.