Why become a member? ×

Aguilar-Eden rack set up

paulie

With reluctance I am selling my Aguilar 659 preamp and Eden WT1000 stereo poweramp. I am looking for £800 for the pair. This price includes the flight case and both are in mint condition. They sound absolutely amazing. You can run the rig in stereo or mono bridged mode.
The Aguilar is a single rack unit valve preamp (its actually the preamp section from the famous DB750)
The Eden has seperate volume and tone controls for each channel so you can really shape your sound. I live in Ireland but I will use a courier to ship anywhere.
If your interested I can send photos

Edited by paulie

[quote name='paulie' post='624515' date='Oct 12 2009, 10:38 PM']With reluctance I am selling my Aguilar 659 preamp and Eden WT1000 stereo preamp. I am looking for £800 for the pair. This price includes the flight case and both are in mint condition. They sound absolutely amazing. You can run the rig in stereo or mono bridged mode.
The Aguilar is a single rack unit valve preamp (its actually the preamp section from the famous DB750)
The Eden has seperate volume and tone controls for each channel so you can really shape your sound. I live in Ireland but I will use a courier to ship anywhere.
If your interested I can send photos[/quote]
you might want to clarify the eden element being a power amp and not a preamp,to help your sale.

hope that helps

good luck

[quote name='JTUK' post='624918' date='Oct 13 2009, 01:10 PM']Confused, how do you run this...? a mono signal into stereo..? so not a true bi-amp unless you put a cross-over in there..?
which the pre doesn't have. IIRC..

I'd still have GAS for the pre though..[/quote]

From what I understand the signal from the pre-amp is passed into the power amp. The poweramp has two seperate amp units contained in it. one channel of the poweramp goes to one speaker or set of speakers and the other channel goes to the other speaker or set of speakers.
The Preamp sends the same signal to both speakers (or speaker sets) but with a seperate volume and tone knob for each channel on the poweramp you (a) control the amount of signal that goes from each channel to the speakers (:) alter the tone of each channel

I currentl use this set up with a 410 and a 115 cab. I send full power to each cab but I have the tone knob cut back on the channel that feeds the 115 cab (giving more bottom) and the tone knob increased past 12 for the channel going to the 410 which gives it more clarity and definition.

All in all sounds great

[quote name='LettuceFunk' post='624650' date='Oct 13 2009, 01:24 AM']were abouts in Ireland are you? i'd love to see pics[/quote]

I live in Galway in the West

Ill get some pictures on here later this week when I get my digital camera replaced.

Cheers
Paul

[quote name='jhk' post='624675' date='Oct 13 2009, 07:42 AM']you might want to clarify the eden element being a power amp and not a preamp,to help your sale.

hope that helps

good luck[/quote]

Well spotted, thanks for that

[quote name='The Funk' post='626616' date='Oct 15 2009, 01:38 AM']Cool set up!

I run the Aguilar DB680 into an Eden WT1000, so almost the same. It sounds stupendously good. The DB659 is the little brother of the DB680 and from all accounts sounds bloody brilliant![/quote]

Hi, What cabs are you running with?

[quote name='The Funk' post='628950' date='Oct 17 2009, 07:07 PM']I've got a pair of Acme B2 cabs. I also use a Barefaced Compact from time to time.

Great cabs but only available directly from the manufacturer.[/quote]

Cool

That looks like a nice Warick bass that your playing too.

All the best
Paul