Why become a member? ×

Fender Stratocaster

Here's my old partsocastor;

Originally a Korean Squier, the only original parts now is the body and bridge.

The neck is a mexican neck bought separately from ebay, as is the scratchplate and controls. The tuners are Gotohs, and you can see the original holes where the old tuners were;

The best part are the pickups. FABULOUS fENDER Texas Specials, made in the USA, and the bees knees tone wise.

Cons:
Made up of various parts, holes visible on headstock from old tuners, body really battered. It was dropped at some point by it's previous ownwer, putting a crack in the paint along the body. The inside of the body has been crudely butchered under the pickguard at some point, perhaps for a humbucker at some point.

Pros;
It plays and sounds absolutely great. The Texas Specials are the best strat pickups for me. The Gotoh tuners are great, and the neck is a really nice example if you don't mind the holes where the old tuners were, other than the holes, it has minimal wear.

A players guitar, and by no means in perfect nick, but it really does play and sound awesome, and honestly, I've had it many years, and will miss it, I've done many gigs with it over the years.

GONE.

Edited by Rayman