Why become a member? ×

hopefully sorted

gafbass02

Ok so after some dicussion with Mrs Gaf i've been given the all clear to try and get my hands on a stingray again! only im rather skint!
So im rather reluctantly offering up my Geddy for trade with some cash from me as well.
Its in top nick with just one small dent in the finish by the bridge that i cant snap and has only seen two gigs. Its had a full copper shielding job and has all gold hardware, wilkinson tuners a hipshot detuner, gold badass bridge etc

The pickguard is tort and id also provide the original white and a white pearl too. If postage was involved it would have to be neck off as i have no box big enough!

Its an amazing bass in top nick thats seen little use as i tend to favour my blue jazz.
Its got no issues, the action is very low with little in the way of noise or buzz. Its only about a 11 months old from new.

Im not selling, as im more than happy with this it look, plays sounds and feels just lush!, and looks much better in the flesh than the pics to be fair, so im just offering it as trade bait for either:

a stingray in any colour, pref natural or white least faves burst or black, but all's possible. Only thing is its gotta have a maple neck.

Or

A MIJ '75 ri jazz in natural with the pearl blocks. Or just possibly a lakland JO in black or white with maple board. Or flame maple streamer stage 1 like i once had.
But mainly a ray! (not sterling..ugly things, sorry!)

Really wanna keep this UK only if at all poss though sorry!

Edited by gafbass02

Hi Gafbass,

Possible interest in this. Just a few questions. I am assuming the gold hardware is replacement for the original. If that is so, how did you get the mods done, and are there any other mods besides those easily visible? I take it you don't have the original case?

Here's a few pics of my natural/maple Stingray I bought from Bigthumb (Paul) a while back:

and a link to Paul's original posting:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=30917&hl="]Stingray posting[/url]

which gives some details of the bass.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks, NS

Perfect mate! I'd be all over that like a rash. It's exactly what I'm after. I'd provide the original fender soft bag in came with from new. The only invisble mod is the full shielding job whch left her nice n quiet and hum free. And of course the hipshot detuner. The hardware other than the badass and wilkinson tuners was all drop straight in original fender parts. The pickguard was imported from basspartsresource who sell a specific geddy replacement. :-D