Why become a member? ×

Delay.. still needed!

TheButler

Hey folks,

Well, i've read the threads, including very recent ones but i'm still looking for some first hand advice, specific to what i'm after.

Basically, its got to be warm/analog 'sounding' with amazing, detailed trails. It needs tap tempo, i can't play with delay without it :rolleyes: I missed a Diamond Memory Lane on Ebay, as i thought that was pretty much perfect.

Thus far i'm looking at pedals from different ends of the spectrum:

Roland RE-20/DD-20

Carl Martin Echotone

Eventide Timefactor (if i push my budget)

T-Rex Replica Digital Delay

TC ND-1

Diamond Memory Lane (if another surfaces second hand)

What do you lot think? For the price of the more expensive ones i could probably buy the RE-20 AND DD-20 second hand :)

Cheers for any help,

Jamie

[quote name='dangerboy' post='613730' date='Oct 1 2009, 12:16 PM']Surprised not to see the EHX MM with Hazarai on your list. When I used to use digital delays, it was pretty much the 'do everything' box.[/quote]

I tried my old guitarist's and i got rather a lot of unwanted noise from it :)

Boss dd-20, I will never stop trying to convince everyone to buy one, it sounds amazing, no noise whatsoever, crystal clear in repeats in digital delay mode, and it's very versatile, very easy to use too, tap tempo, LCD, smaller than the DL4 and uses a standard power supply, and if you look around a bit you should get one second hand for around £100