Why become a member? ×

musical theory help!

john_the_bass

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='65700' date='Sep 26 2007, 09:10 AM']Hello
I am v-e-r-y slowly tabbing out a copy of the notation i have for going underground. I know the notes on a stave or whatever it's called for bass clef - do i assume that if certain lines of the stave have sharps on (#), all the notes on the line are played sharp and it's possible that some of the lines won't be sharp at all?[/quote]

the notes on the same line stay sharp to the end of the bar, if you want to play them natural again in that bar you prefix them with a natural sign

kind of like this
I
[ ]
..I

but better - it's best I can do with text, it's like a sharp sign with some of the legs removed!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='65700' date='Sep 26 2007, 09:10 AM']Hello
I am v-e-r-y slowly tabbing out a copy of the notation i have for going underground. I know the notes on a stave or whatever it's called for bass clef - do i assume that if certain lines of the stave have sharps on (#), all the notes on the line are played sharp and it's possible that some of the lines won't be sharp at all?[/quote]

nnemonics help here
with sharps and key signatures , a piece with 4 sharps is always F sharp , C sharp , G sharp and D sharp

to help read the key signature (the sharpened notes) you can use
Fat Cats Go Down Alleys Eating Bread

for flats you can use
Battle Ends And Down Goes Charleys Father

little thing i picked up playing trumpet =)

u can read bass cleff as treble clef but an E in trebble clef would be a G in bass clef