Why become a member? ×

Sold - USA Precision - 1997/98 with SD Quarterpounders

tredders

Hi all

I'm on the lookout for an older P bass, so this one has to go. It's a 1997/98 USA model, which I bought a couple of years ago from OldGit on here. It's butterscotch in colour (or "custard" as OG called it!), and has a rosewood fretboard. It's now got a white scratchplate on (I noticed that the tort one had a small piece by the jack missing when I took the pics yesterday, so swapped it back for the original white one as you can see in the last couple of pics). Last year, I got a SD Quarterpounders professionally fitted, which has provided a better range of sounds, and I've also got the original Fender ones, too, which will be included with the sale. Comes with a good quality locking Fender hardcase, as shown in the pics. Oh, and I've just put some fresh Rotosound flats on it a week ago, too.

One small issue is the marking at the back of the neck. I've taken a macro photo of this, to highlight it. It was like this when I bought it, and absolutely doesn't get in the way when playing, but I wanted to highlight it anyway. It should be stressed that this is cosmetic marking, and is just on the surface, and looks a whole lot worse in the photos, anyway!

From seeking advice on here, I'm told that £550 is about right for this (in reality, with the pickups and hardcase, it should be closer to £600). Straight sale would be great, as would a part-ex against an older P bass (or poss. a Jetglo Ric). If anyone has any nice trades, let me know.

Cheers

Mark.

[attachment=33694:Pbass1.jpg]
[attachment=33695:Pbass2.jpg]
[attachment=33696:Pbass3.jpg]
[attachment=33697:PBass4.jpg]
[attachment=33698:PBass5.jpg]
[attachment=33699:PBass6.jpg]
[attachment=33700:PBass7.jpg]
[attachment=33701:PBass8.jpg]
[attachment=33702:PBass9.jpg]

Edited by tredders