Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Perfect 10 minirig - no longer available

craig222

Hi... I bought an Ashdown Minirig about half a year ago as I am just getting into bass playing. But now I'm on the verge of gigging, I feel I have to go a little louder. The Minirig is great for home use (even has headphone jack for late night stuff) and band practice until things get a little "Full Tilt" where I would like my presence to be more noticeable.

So I'm looking for trades please, maybe a head or a combo...

The picture below is not MY rig but just for illustration (will get photos to anyone interested), but it's clean and tidy, makes great sound (to my ears) and works well.

Company info = [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=144"]http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=144[/url]

Bass'd in South Cumbria!!!

Edited by craig222

I had to use the cabs from my minirig for rehearsal tonight,albeit with my Yamaha bbt500h amp.I was mighty impressed to say the least.I've always used them at home in a small room and at low volume till tonight.When pushed they sounded pretty damn good to my ears as well,the rest of the band thought so too. :)

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='611540' date='Sep 29 2009, 01:06 AM']I had to use the cabs from my minirig for rehearsal tonight,albeit with my Yamaha bbt500h amp.I was mighty impressed to say the least.I've always used them at home in a small room and at low volume till tonight.When pushed they sounded pretty damn good to my ears as well,the rest of the band thought so too. :)[/quote]

Are you suggesting i save up for a more powerful head and just use the cabs??? (hadn't actually thought of that!)

Hi Craig,
No,not at all mate. :rolleyes:
I just used them last night night at rehearsal.I've never had the chance to hear them cranked before and was very impressed especially as it's just two eight inch speakers.You could probably use them at a small gig with the Ashdown head though.I was just trying to help the sale along. :)

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='611763' date='Sep 29 2009, 11:16 AM']Hi Craig,
No,not at all mate. :lol:
I just used them last night night at rehearsal.I've never had the chance to hear them cranked before and was very impressed especially as it's just two eight inch speakers.You could probably use them at a small gig with the Ashdown head though.I was just trying to help the sale along. :)[/quote]

I think they're 10" drivers and I like the sound a lot, I just start to lose out when things get a little loud (think The Hives - Hate to say I told you so) So I'm after more volume/power. But hadn't thought of keeping the rig and using the cabs with another head... I'll have to check the power ratings when I get home.

Still up for trade though if anyone's got any more muscle..... :rolleyes: