Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1968 nitro refinished Fiesta Red. No longer for sale.

jsixties

Bought just a few days ago from a italian store that had it advertised on eBay. It's a Fender Precision bass from 1968 refinished in a wonderful fiesta red as the Pino Palladino '62 P- bass.
Was sold as 100% original (except the pro nitro refinishing) but my luthier check the pots and are quality replacements. All of the rest is 100% untoched, unmolested and original.
I have the chance here in the forum to get now a Ric 4003 Blueburst that is my main priority, so with two pre-CBS Precision at home this one have to go.
It's currently at my luthier's workroom that have already done a great set-up with LaBella flats. He is also applying just now a new varnish on the headstock so after 41 years was on average condition. Tomorrow will be at home again.
I don't want to do any money with it but neither lose too much, so for 2095 pounds SHIPPED to any european country including UK it's yours, this amount almost cover what I paid for the bass, the luthier receipt and the shipping cost to your home with a traceable courier service.
Trades could be considered but always with cash your way so I need it to get the Ric.
Take a look but in advance let me tell you that this bass sounds TERRIFIC with a punchy, rounded and warm tone. Frets have a lot of life and truss rod work flawless.

Edited by jsixties

Hi Si,
Guess you mean a little displaced? yes it was, but it's now fixed. ^_^

The new varnish on the headstock, still fresh:

I have ordered two new dome knobs and a '62 tortoise pickguard replacement that will be including with the sale.

Edited by jsixties

Thanks Clarky, it's not easy replace a bass like this one so for the moment will stay at home for a long time, but this gem is still available:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=60486&st=0&gopid=607997&#entry607997"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry607997[/url]