Why become a member? ×

Big Muff USA Reissue with bass

JHBASS

Hey all,

Just uploaded a video of my trying out the Electro Harmonix Big Muff with a Bass, as I tried to find one of these videos before I bought it, but i just couldnt find one! I know the pedals not mainly for bass.....but i quite like it...and sounds with a envelope filter after it in the chain!
so here we go, sorry for the poor sound, its only done with the camera's microphone.

Enjoy,

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWybYd0RVA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWybYd0RVA[/url]

cheers,

Josh

Edited by JHBASS

two comments from me:

1. Your trying this out through a 15 watt amp in the video. Unsure if you have tried it through a proper amp, but you might find the low end loss alot more noticible with a bigger speaker

2. I don't think its slated as a pedal for bass, more than the fact it just isn't as good as the russian one because of the low end loss

But nice video by all means though :)

Edited by Kev

Ive tried it through my 180watt combo...its a 12" speaker (i just find 15" to gritty), and the low end sticks in a bit....if i was more organised, I would have used my bigger amp....and a slightly less tired bass! The reason why I ended up a standard Big Muff was because down here south, it seems near impossible to find any bass focused big muff pedals! And no store could garantee me when they'd have stock. Also, one of tutors from BIMM i did a week with in the summer recommended the pedal...so, its just got to face the band practise scenario!

Cheers for your suggestions, any constructive critisism is great!

Josh

Edited by JHBASS