Why become a member? ×

Which VT to go for?

WalMan

Just wondering which VT to go for.

I have been using the BOD pro & a floor board, but really only use a couple of patches and after the floor board wouldn't work last gig I got to thinking about trimming down the rig and getting something like one of these.

I am after a rock tone, some warmth and a bit of grit. The ability to have a mild boost in a couple of places in the set would be nice so I am sort of thinking of a VT2 Dual (possibly Custom)

But do I just go
[list]
[*]VT1 as a valve preamp to warm things up and leave it on at the amp to avoid multiple cable runs from the radio out to a VT, back to the input, then out of the loop to my chorus pedal & back again; or
[*]VT2 out front but with the two runs; or
[*]Either and stick the chorus before/after it and forget about the loop
[/list]
Any suggestions.

Oh and last question to Dave, Do you hold them all in stock or is there a lead time between order and delivery for build, and if so what sort of time is that?

Cheers all

Hey Al, maybe a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45784"]VT2 Twin[/url]? That would give you the option to use the balanced out to feed the balanced in of the MarkBass, ie - bass > wireless > chorus > VT2 > amp. Then you only have one unbalanced run, from the wireless to the chorus. The blue channel should tick the warmth & grit boxes & use the red channel for some boost. I think they're great bits of kit, I'll have one at the bash.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='604206' date='Sep 21 2009, 08:01 AM']Hey Al, maybe a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45784"]VT2 Twin[/url]? That would give you the option to use the balanced out to feed the balanced in of the MarkBass, ie - bass > wireless > chorus > VT2 > amp. Then you only have one unbalanced run, from the wireless to the chorus. The blue channel should tick the warmth & grit boxes & use the red channel for some boost. I think they're great bits of kit, I'll have one at the bash.[/quote]
Cheers John. I thought |I had things sussed but you know what GAS is :)

[quote name='WalMan' post='604235' date='Sep 21 2009, 09:04 AM']Cheers John. I thought |I had things sussed but you know what GAS is :)[/quote]

Hi

I have an early version of the VT2 that might put up for sale, let me know if you would be interested. Have pics at home that could post/send.

Cheers

Carlos

[quote name='carlitos71' post='604259' date='Sep 21 2009, 09:38 AM']Hi

I have an early version of the VT2 that might put up for sale, let me know if you would be interested. Have pics at home that could post/send.

Cheers

Carlos[/quote]
Yes I would probably be interested. If you can let me have pics & an idea of what you might want for it that would be good

[quote name='WalMan' post='604193' date='Sep 21 2009, 04:07 AM']Just wondering which VT to go for.

I have been using the BOD pro & a floor board, but really only use a couple of patches and after the floor board wouldn't work last gig I got to thinking about trimming down the rig and getting something like one of these.

I am after a rock tone, some warmth and a bit of grit. The ability to have a mild boost in a couple of places in the set would be nice so I am sort of thinking of a VT2 Dual (possibly Custom)

But do I just go
[list]
[*]VT1 as a valve preamp to warm things up and leave it on at the amp to avoid multiple cable runs from the radio out to a VT, back to the input, then out of the loop to my chorus pedal & back again; or
[*]VT2 out front but with the two runs; or
[*]Either and stick the chorus before/after it and forget about the loop
[/list]
Any suggestions.

Oh and last question to Dave, Do you hold them all in stock or is there a lead time between order and delivery for build, and if so what sort of time is that?

Cheers all[/quote]

I am phasing the VT2-Dual's out as they are replaced with the VT2-Twin's.

Dave

[quote name='DHA' post='605144' date='Sep 21 2009, 11:08 PM']I am phasing the VT2-Dual's out as they are replaced with the VT2-Twin's.

Dave[/quote]
Thanks for the note.

The sound clip closest to what I am after is Dual-Custom-Bass-ch1-Fat-EQ-off-Colour-on but a bit brighter, and with the the possibility of a boost in a couple of places - not that I am one for solos, run a mile from the damn things!!!

I'll have to give Johnnylagers a go at the SE Bash

[quote name='WalMan' post='606076' date='Sep 22 2009, 08:43 PM']Thanks for the note.

The sound clip closest to what I am after is Dual-Custom-Bass-ch1-Fat-EQ-off-Colour-on but a bit brighter, and with the the possibility of a boost in a couple of places - not that I am one for solos, run a mile from the damn things!!!

I'll have to give Johnnylagers a go at the SE Bash[/quote]

if it's the VT1 tone you like then the Vt1-EQ-Bass-Drive might do what you want.

dave