Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 1001RB mk2

project_c

I am selling my Gallien Krueger 1001RB mk2 to make funds available for new gear, it's a brilliant amp and has been excellent at gigs, especially when played loud and pushed hard. Condition is perfect, it's lived in an SKB case all its' life and has been looked after extremely well.

*SOLD* :)

[attachment=33562:gk2.jpg]

[attachment=33561:gk1.jpg]

Edited by project_c

• 2 weeks later...

Aww that sucks dude. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Had to sell loads to get my 2001rb. But hey! I am already GAS'in for more stuff!

[quote name='project_c' post='609737' date='Sep 27 2009, 12:36 AM']yep, it's definately a great amp - unfortunately i need to justify new purchases somehow and i really don't want to sell any of my other gear. you know how it is..[/quote]

[quote name='project_c' post='609737' date='Sep 27 2009, 12:36 AM']yep, it's definately a great amp - unfortunately i need to justify new purchases somehow and i really don't want to sell any of my other gear. you know how it is..[/quote]

I certainly do! :)

So what did you go for in the end? I'm very interested in this, but need to sell my Shuttle 6.0 first to get the cash together!

EDIT: Just wanted to check- is the SKB case included in the sale?

Edited by Etienne

Haven't bought a replacement yet, I'll need to sell this first before I go down that road.. I'd be up for looking at Genz Benz stuff for trade but unfortunately the Shuttle isn't quite powerful enough to drive my cab, but they're great amps, whoever picks that up will end up with a very decent amp. Good luck with the sale.

Given that the retail price of the 1001RB mkII is around £650 I'm afraid I can't afford to include the case.

These are just some additional pics for Etienne - this is what the case looks like when it's empty, the bit of wood with the foam attached to it can be removed but I like to keep it in there to hold the amp in place.
[attachment=33920:DSC_0389.JPG]

This is how much room there is for the air to get through and for the amp to breathe, it's around 3cm (sorry about hi-res pic, forgot to downsize this one):
[attachment=33921:DSC_0392.JPG]

Access for cables looks like this:
[attachment=33922:DSC_0393.JPG]

Unit from the back with lid on:
[attachment=33923:DSC_0391.JPG]

Unit with front and back detached:
[attachment=33924:DSC_0394.JPG]

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.