Why become a member? ×

Nice bit of 'Jap Crap'

nick

Nice L/H Maya Jazz, looks in good condition.
If it's anything like my P-Bass & Rickenfaker - a lovely instrument, worth the price IMHO.
Shame it's a lefty! :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Left-Handed-Bass-MAYA-1970s-made-in-japan_W0QQitemZ170151907598QQihZ007QQcategoryZ68177QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Left-Handed-Bass-MAY...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Item 170151907598

[quote name='Bassassin' post='64379' date='Sep 23 2007, 03:05 PM']Nice - but being a lefty & a bit on the dear side (considering the twin truss Rick copy sold for £170 yesterday - :) ) means it probably won't sell.

Maybe it's the time of year - but JapCrap isn't selling the way it was a couple of months back.

Jon.[/quote]

That's quite true actually. That Rick copy did go quite cheap, considering prices seen in the past months for similar basses.
You could have ended up with a matching pair of Kasugas there!

Talking of which my Kasuga ES-175 ends today, though I'm not too unhappy with it's current price...

[quote name='nick' post='64424' date='Sep 23 2007, 05:31 PM']That's quite true actually. That Rick copy did go quite cheap, considering prices seen in the past months for similar basses.
You could have ended up with a matching pair of Kasugas there!

Talking of which my Kasuga ES-175 ends today, though I'm not too unhappy with it's current price...[/quote]

That Rickalike wasn't a Kasuga - everything about it (apart from the dual rods) says Matsumoku to me.

Blimey - didn't know that was your ES-175! Not a bad price atm, still time for some eleventh-hour Ebay madness.

And you do know that Kasugas [i]weren't[/i] made in the Tokai factory, don't you? :)

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='64435' date='Sep 23 2007, 06:46 PM']That Rickalike wasn't a Kasuga - everything about it (apart from the dual rods) says Matsumoku to me.

Blimey - didn't know that was your ES-175! Not a bad price atm, still time for some eleventh-hour Ebay madness.

And you do know that Kasugas [i]weren't[/i] made in the Tokai factory, don't you? :)

J.[/quote]

Yes that's mine. A lovely guitar, but running out of space. Plus, I'm a bassplayer.
I understood that [i]Kasuga manufactured guitars for Tokai[/i] as well as other suppliers(?)
That is according to several sources including vintageguitar.com, & even the Tokai forum.

[quote name='nick' post='64455' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:29 PM']Yes that's mine. A lovely guitar, but running out of space. Plus, I'm a bassplayer.
I understood that [i]Kasuga manufactured guitars for Tokai[/i] as well as other suppliers(?)
That is according to several sources including vintageguitar.com, & even the Tokai forum.[/quote]

Yes - they did - some Tokai branded guitars were built by Kasuga, in the Kasuga factory. This is plainly quantifiably different - but all's fair in love, war & Fleabay! :huh: :huh:

And I take it you're a happy boy with the final price? :)

J.