Why become a member? ×

What Pickups to pick?? :)

FuNkShUi

Hi ive got an Ibanez BTB series bass. Not sure of the exact model, but it is this series of basses. It was my fist ever serious bass, and i dont want to sell it. I learnt on it, and have learnt to love it. The one problem it has are the Pups. They are the Bartolini MK1 (made in korea i think), and to be honest, they are pants!! Fine when your playing quietly in the house, but not great otherwise. And its a shame, because i really do love this bass apart from this one thing. So....anyone got any suggestions of what might go nicely instead of the Bartolinis? and also, anyone with experiance on how to go about doing the mod? I dont usually do it myself, but thought i might try this time :)
thanks in advance
kert

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='603124' date='Sep 19 2009, 08:28 PM']get Bartolini higher cost models

can't go wrong with Bartolinis one of the best Bass pickup makers out there[/quote]

I disagree about the Barts. I think the Q tuners and Nordstrands are better quality than Bartolini. In fact, there's probably other better quality pickups.

• 1 month later...