Why become a member? ×

1st Lefty Bass Day in Duisburg, Germany

LeftyJ

I got an email from Arni yesterday asking if I could raise some attention for the Lefty Bass Day he's organising. It's this saturday at CMS Music Store in Duisburg, Germany. I'm not sure if there are many members from the Western-European mainland on this board, but it's always worth a try:
[url="http://www.leftybass.com/1_Lefty_BassDay/Lefty_BassDay_E.htm"]http://www.leftybass.com/1_Lefty_BassDay/Lefty_BassDay_E.htm[/url]

The program is in German, but I think the general message will come across . Below is a section in English.

The main goal will be to provide a meeting place for lefthanded bass players, and to gather a large amount of lefthanded basses to provide lefties with an opportunity they'll rarely get (and definitely not in music stores): being able to play an enormous variety of lefthanded basses! Some German and Polish luthiers will also present their instruments, and bring along some lefty models. There will be basses from Clover, Börjes, BassLine, ESH, Maruszcyk, Spector, Squire, Ibanez, MusicMan, Waja-Bass, Schwalbe, Alembic, Rickenbacker, Hamer, Carvin, Fender, Italia, Marleaux, Rössel, Sandberg, Wal and Phantom, and possibly even more!

I'll be there, I'm very curious to meet Arni after browsing on his site A LOT, buying and selling basses through his site and emailing back and forth with him and it's 'only' about a 2,5 hour drive from where I live. I hope to meet many lefties there and play some basses I otherwise would never be able to play anywhere.