Why become a member? ×

Recommend a 100W AND a 1000W power amp that will fit in the same rack as an Ampeg SVP-BSP

AttitudeCastle

Hi Guys

As the title says, i'm looking for a rack for my Attitude LTD II, i want to put in an ampeg SVP-BSP in, a Power amp (around 100W looking for suggestions), another amp/power amp that will fit, (an SVT 4 pro???) and recommendation on a rack case, and a cab, and also a good tuner,

i would like at least 10 extra spaces for ventilation, and space to add an effect/ a second tuner

Regards
AC

Am I right in guessing that so far you have the SVP BSP and are looking to build a clean/dirty rig around it? So two channel amp, two cabs, one for each half of the preamp? Your preamp only has a couple of valves in, I doubt it gets hot enough to cause problems - if you're worried then put the tuner above it because that's almost as good as having an empty space.

Tons of good amps out there. Amongst decent ones (i.e. not cut-price 'DJ' models) you'll get the most amp for your money with a used heavyweight. If you're looking at new amps then I'd recommend the QSC PLX2 and Crown XTi as a good place to start.

Alex

I'm kind of unclear as to what you're looking for too. If you're looking to do a clean/dirty setup as Alex suggested, doesn't the BSP have a clean and a dirty output? So you'd just need one two channel poweramp to do that.

Although it sounded from the first post, that you just wanted to have two amps in your rack, but I'm not sure why?

So the BSP only has one input, but splits that signal to two channels (clean and OD), then blends them again before the single output? So to utilise the two outputs on the bass, you need two amps?

In which case, I'd say don't get a second amp like an SVT4. Get another 1u preamp (The Ampeg SVP-Pro maybe? Ampeg seems to be your thing!), and run each preamp into a separate channel of the same stereo poweramp. It saves space, weight and money :)

Edited by Finbar

Watch the for sale section here. Two or three SVP-Pros have been up for sale recently I seem to remember? They pop up regularly enough, just be patient :)

metaltime's: (good price too) [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39096&hl=ampeg&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...ampeg&st=20[/url]

Edited by Finbar