Why become a member? ×

GONE Fbass Studio 5 (should that be F-Bass ?)

nobodysprefect

Here we go again.

Got this in trade recently with the intention to sell. It plays and sounds lovely, and having owned two BN6s I can say that Fbasses are better as fivers and with maple fretboard. Not that they aren't some of the finest six-strings around, but at least this bass has probably the best balance of all basses I've played. The strap pin ends at about 10th fret! Light weight, versatile tone, excellent ergonomics, passive mode with tone pot (that also works wonders when in active mode)... This would be a great bass for a working player in a groovy covers band.

What I'm looking for? Uh... fivers and sixers? Sei, Overwater, Shuker, Goodfellow, ACG - did I leave out any small-ish UK builders? Perhaps some French builders but don't know anything about them, really. No four-strings, unless assembled by Lakland or Sadowsky or built by Music Man or Fender.

Could also go for straight cash, but pricing F basses is a chore, as there are so few about!

edited: if you use dunlop straploks - which you should imo - the strap hangs at 10th fret. That's gotta be the shortest stretch to 1st position without resorting to short scale!

So I'm looking for about 1200 pounds, that sound reasonable?

Edited by nobody's prefect