Why become a member? ×

EB Stingray, strings-thro' body, VSBurst

Nickytwister

This will be one of the nicest Ernie Ball Stingrays you'll have seen/played.
Please note, Hipshot has been removed and the original stock tuner and strap studs have been re-fitted.
Go check it out at The Gallery - here's their link and pic:

[url="http://www.thebassgallery.com/mmsting4tbs.html"]http://www.thebassgallery.com/mmsting4tbs.html[/url]

It is with regret that I'm putting this up for sale.
Ordered at the Winter NAMM 2003, arrived 19th March 2003, my custom ordered, through-body strung 3EQ Stingray.
Beautiful Vintage Sunburst, 'Shell guard, the darkest rosewood board.
It's in lovely condition.
It's done 100s of gigs and never let me down.
The pictures aren't brilliant I'm afraid; I'd much rather it be seen in the flesh/wood.
It's at The Gallery for viewing, playing etc (it's up for £895 there) but I'm willing to sell privately - any offers?

Nick

Edited by Nickytwister

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='598181' date='Sep 14 2009, 01:47 PM']Chaps,
It is with regret that I'm putting this up for sale; I've got to lose something from the growing pile.
Ordered at the Winter NAMM 2003, arrived 19th March 2003, my custom ordered, through-body strung 3EQ Stingray.
Beautiful Vintage Sunburst, 'Shell guard, the darkest rosewood board. Hipshot D-tuner and Schaller studs fitted, which can be removed/returned to stock parts.
It's in lovely condition. There's a small dink on the back near the 'E' string retainer hole and the end of the headstock has been bashed a few times, as they always seem to be. It's done 100s of gigs and never let me down.
The pictures aren't brilliant I'm afraid; I'd much rather it be seen in the flesh/wood.
It's beautifully set-up, doesn't come with a case or bag so something might need to be sorted depending on whether it has any interest shown.
Cash on collection, bank transfer or cheque to clear please - £OFFERS??
Thanks for looking!
Nick[/quote]

[quote name='lepromo' post='602461' date='Sep 18 2009, 07:17 PM']Nice looking bass! I'm interested but it's difficult to know what sort of offer to make. Obviously it's a bit unusual with the string through bridge. Can you give me an idea of what you want for it as it'll save me making you an offer which might offend you! Looking forward to hearing from you. email me please: [email protected]. Thanks[/quote]

• 4 weeks later...

Well....possibly, but they're a little too specific to be of any use!
A sunburst Roscoe Beck 5!
I'm also considering the choice between a Sadowsky Metro RV5-PJ and a passive USA Fender P or J 5 (all in sunburst).
The Stingray is lovely but has unfortunately become surplus to requirements.
Thanks for the message!
N

• 3 weeks later...